24 March 2006

To-Do List

Here is some pieces of music that will be played on our next show:

Augie March - Clockwork (from Moo, You Bloody Choir)
: Because it's great. Probably other tracks from the album as well.
Neko Case - Margaret & Pauline (from Fox Confessor Brings the Flood)
: Because of the wandering keyboard line.
Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (from In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3)
: Because we haven't played enough prog-emo in recent weeks.
The Grates - 19-20-20 (from Pyrate Kids)
: Because it's the Year of the Grates, and we like to tell ourselves that we lead the trend.
The Guillemots - Trains to Brazil (from From the Cliffs)
: Because it's fun.
The Hold Steady - How a Resurrection Really Feels (from Separation Sunday)
: Because they are pure rock. But only if Nick requests it.
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - We're Still the Weaker Sex (from I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness)
: Because of the band name.
Khancoban - Smoke and the Light
: Because they're very great and very local.
Of Montreal - Disconnect the Dots (from Satanic Panic in the Attic)
: Because at heart we're indie kids.
The Postal Service - Suddenly Everything Has Changed
: Because it combines two of my favourite things. IDM and lugubrious over-produced ex-punks.
The Robocop Kraus - A Man's Not a Bird (from They Think They Are The Robocop Kraus)
: Because they're the new Franz Ferdinand.
San Ui Lim - Frustration (from Prog is Not a Four Letter Word)
: Because we haven't played enough old-school Korean prog in recent weeks. Nah, kidding, just cause it's obscure.
Snow - Informer
: Because no-one's actually reading this.
TISM - Father and Son (from The Beasts of Suburban)
: Because how have we not played any TISM? And it's footy season again.
The Triangles - Applejack (from Magic Johnson)
: Because it's our theme.
XTC - Spiral (from Apple Bite)
: Because I "got to play all my favourite 45s".

11 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I naively hoped that we would keep our show TISM free.

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger Butterfly Brain said...

Umm, I won't be listening for at least three minutes of your show. When Snow begins assaulting my ears... then I'll happily switch the radio back on!

 
At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is your next show?
- A fan

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger gun street girl said...

Why all the anti-Tism backlash?

 
At 5:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... TISM, Snow, that fellow that did Achy Breaky Heart. I guess I'm not infallible after all. But I shouldn't take it too personally, Ezekiel turned out fine - just like the other one.

 
At 5:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, thankyou Ezekiel - just for being you. And you're right Idahorn knows nothing about music.

 
At 10:02 am, Blogger Dave said...

TISM-haters: Come on. What about Death Death Death (Amway Amway Amway)? And surely Mr Ches Baragwanath, State Auditor-General is acceptable. And then there's A Hard Earned Thirst Needs A Big Cold Beer, But I Drink To Get Pissed.

Anonymous Fan: Pencil in Easter Sunday. Possibly also before that. Keep an eye on the blog.

God: For fuck's sake, I told you to stay the hell away from our show. Don't make me disembowel Ezekiel.

 
At 10:49 am, Blogger gun street girl said...

What about "I drive a truck"?

....and if you're going to bust out more Machines of loving grace could it be "Golgotha tenement blues"? pffftt

 
At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish God would stop commenting on our blog. What's he trying to prove?

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Dave said...

Boom-tish!

 
At 6:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see this is what modern religion has turned me into. I remember the good old days when people knew I was wrathful. A case in point about hmmm let see I think it was ah 1756 BC by your standards one of the chaps said "god it's hot in here" and the other replied "don't say that you know god is wrathful" and then the other chaps house burned down. In reply he said "See I told you god is wrathful." Now whenever I do anything remotely wrathful this ridiculous global warming gets the blame. I tell you I can warm up the Earth without any help from pollution but its all global warming this and global warming that...

Dave: Go ahead and disembowel Ezekiel but I'm not sure you want to do it this close to the other ones martyrdom. You really should think about spreading out your holidays. Hmmm try September.... yes that sounds good I'll just chisel in his martyrdom for September we'll call it "The Disembowling of Ezekiel". Kind of has a nice ring to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home